Press "Enter" to skip to content

Man Needs Surgery After Swallowing Over Two Pounds of Nails, Screws and Knives

Doctors in Lithuania were recently tasked with removing a massive quantity of metal objects from a man’s stomach. Consisting of screws, nails, and knives, the items weighed about one kilogram in total, or over two pounds. The largest single piece measured 10 cm in length, or about four inches. Needless to say, swallowing foreign metal objects is not advised: doing so can block or cause injury to the esophagus and digestive system, resulting in abdominal pain and other damage. Additionally, items like coins or nails could carry harmful pathogens or toxic substances. However, for some, it’s not always as […]

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *