Jewelry has been an integral aspect of human civilization for centuries, but it was the discovery and subsequent spread of precious metals and gemstones that really changed the game. In this infographic from Menē TSXV:MENE , we visualize how the uses and symbolism of jewelry have evolved across time and space to become the industry we’re familiar with today. Antique, yet ageless There isn’t a single corner of the world that’s untouched by the influence of jewelry. Ancient Egypt Gold accompanied the affluent into the afterlife—the famous 1922 discovery of King Tutankhamun’s tomb was filled to the brim with […]
Visual Capitalist: A brief history of jewelry through the ages
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up