Pledge: The current government has promised that every Indian will have a home to live in by 2022 – with 10 million homes ready by this year in rural areas and 10 million ready by 2022 in urban areas. Verdict: Millions of new homes have been planned and approved to deal with India’s chronic homelessness problem. But so far, not nearly as many have actually been completed as the government claims. The BJP government is, however, building new homes at a faster rate than the previous Congress-led government. In the run-up to the Indian election, which gets under way […]
India election 2019: Is India building enough new houses?
More from Breaking NewsMore posts in Breaking News »
- After Google, Amazon irks Kannadigas: Bikini with Karnataka flag draws ire
- It should’ve been a three-match showdown, India at slight disadvantage: Yuvraj Singh on WTC final
- Data recovered as ship with chemicals sinking off Sri Lanka
- Binky Felstead gives birth to baby boy with fiancé Max Darnton
- Loophole allowed 600 cruise ship workers to fly into UK without quarantining on arrival