Chennai City FC players during the I-League trophy ceremony in Chennai on Wednesday NEW DELHI: The timing was ironic, to the say least. Just as Chennai City FC were celebrating becoming the 12th I-League champions, bad news was being dispersed on the sidelines. All India Football Federation’s secretary Kushal Das stopped short of saying in as many words, but it was pretty obvious what was going to happen to the I-League next season. “I won’t say ‘it won’t be the top tier’. But it may not be the top tier,” he said. A merger seems unlikely with Das revealing […]
I-League long whistle?
More from Breaking NewsMore posts in Breaking News »
- After Google, Amazon irks Kannadigas: Bikini with Karnataka flag draws ire
- It should’ve been a three-match showdown, India at slight disadvantage: Yuvraj Singh on WTC final
- Data recovered as ship with chemicals sinking off Sri Lanka
- Binky Felstead gives birth to baby boy with fiancé Max Darnton
- Loophole allowed 600 cruise ship workers to fly into UK without quarantining on arrival