Business In a deal that Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger has hailed as an “extraordinary and historic moment,” the Walt Disney Company’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox became official as of today, March 20, 2019. The acquisition has a total transaction value of approximately $71 billion, and turns Disney from one of the world’s largest entertainment companies into the indisputable 800-pound gorilla of entertainment conglomerates. It also makes Rupert Murdoch (pictured above right with Iger) and his family, who still retain control of Fox News Channel, the largest individual shareholders of the Disney Company. According to analysts, they […]
Disney Has Completed Its Purchase Of 21st Century Fox
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up