(BBC) — Indian authorities are investigating a possible smuggling ring after discovering a live human embryo in a suitcase at Mumbai’s airport. A Malaysian national was allegedly found with the embryo in a canister concealed in his luggage on 16 March. The man, who reportedly admitted this was not the first time he had smuggled embryos into India, then led officials to a high-end IVF clinic in the city. But the clinic has vehemently denied being involved, alleging a set-up. The man said he was taking the embryo to the clinic when questioned, Rebecca Gonsalves, representing the Directorate of […]
Malaysian man arrested at India airport for possession of human embryo
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up