Rizwan Pandit’s mother (centre). (Express Photo by Shuaib Masoodi) A DAY after he was picked up from his home in south Kashmir for questioning, a 29-year-old school principal died in police custody Tuesday, triggering calls from separatists for a shutdown in the Valley. While the family of the victim, Rizwan Asad Pandit, alleged that he was “murdered” in custody, police said they have ordered a magisterial probe to investigate the cause of death. According to Rizwan’s family members, he was taken away by police from his home at Awantipora on Sunday night. On Tuesday morning, they said, they were […]
J&K school principal dies in police custody, family alleges murder
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up