A couple of months ago, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern hobnobbed among the billionaires and global cognoscenti gathered at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. She extolled the fight against climate change alongside Britain’s Prince William and championed her government’s plans to prioritize the societal — not just economic — "well-being" of her country. In a polite rebuke of President Donald Trump and other right-wing politicians, Ardern said she hoped world leaders would recognize the virtue of "more compassionate" domestic policies that would obviate "the false promise of protectionism and isolation." Then she partied with Google. Ardern, […]
Ishaan Tharoor: The world is watching New Zealand’s Jacinda Ardern
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up