The rape and subsequent death of a female student in Delhi in 2012 put the global spotlight on the problem of gender-based violence in India. Years later, the topic remains an issue in the Indian general election campaign. BBC Reality Check asks whether India has become a safer place for women. Story by Saroj Singh. Motion graphics by Jacqueline Galvin.
Are women in India any safer?
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up