Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi led condolences for Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar, who died on Sunday from pancreatic cancer. Parrikar, 63, served as defence minister from 2014 to 2017, and was an important leader in Mr Modi’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He also served as Goa chief minister four times and his death has left a vacuum in the state’s politics. Leaders across the political divide mourned his death. Shri Manohar Parrikar was an unparalleled leader. A true patriot and exceptional administrator, he was admired by all. His impeccable service to the nation will be remembered by […]
Manohar Parrikar: India PM Modi leads tributes
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up