India and the USA have committed to strengthen bilateral security and civil nuclear cooperation, including the establishment of six US-designed nuclear power plants in India. The Strategic Dialogue in session (Image: Embassy of India) The two governments announced their commitment in a joint statement following the ninth round of the US-India Strategic Security Dialogue, which was held in Washington DC yesterday. The delegations were led by Indian Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale and US Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Andrea Thompson. "The two sides exchanged views on a wide range of global security and non-proliferation […]
India, USA document their commitment to new build
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up