NEW DELHI: The CBI has arrested two senior Indian Forest Service officers for allegedly bribing an environment ministry official, officials said Sunday. Tarun Johri and D Gogoi, both chief conservators of forest, posted in Arunachal Pradesh and Port Blair respectively, were arrested in a case of Rs 20,000 to the environment ministry official for getting a departmental work done. It is alleged that some departmental service matter of Gogoi was pending in the ministry for which he sought help of his batchmate Johri, who was on a visit to Delhi, they said. Johri paid Rs 10,000 to the official […]
CBI arrests two senior Indian Forest Service officers in bribery case
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive