American soldiers wait on the tarmac in Logar province, Afghanistan (AP file photo) NEW DELHI: India has conveyed to the US that it should not withdraw its troops from Afghanistan without putting in place an elected "political structure" to govern the country, official sources said Saturday. Foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale met US Special Representative Zalmay Khalilzad recently and apprised India’s views about drawdown of US troops from Afghanistan, they said. The US has intensified its efforts in the past few months, including holding talks with the Taliban , to end the more than 17-year conflict in Afghanistan. In the […]
India for elected political structure in Afghanistan before drawdown of US troops
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up