HIGHLIGHTS The strength of Goa Assembly has reduced from 40 to 37 after the death of former Goa deputy chief minister and BJP lawmaker Francis D’Souza and resignation of two MLAs — Subhash Shirodkar and Dayanand Sopte While the Congress currently has 14 MLAs, down from 16 after Sopte and Shirodkar left it to join the BJP, the latter has 13 MLAs Three MLAs each of the Goa Forward Party, MGP and an Independent and the lone NCP legislator are supporting the BJP The Goa Congress on Saturday wrote to Governor Mridula Sinha and staked claim to form government […]
Congress stakes claim to form government in BJP-ruled Goa
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up