NEW DELHI: The Centre told the Supreme Court on Thursday that an important reason for keeping the price of Rafale fighter aircraft a secret was to prevent other countries, which have also bought the jets, from questioning France why the planes were sold cheaper to India. Attorney general KK Venugopal told a bench of Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justices Sanjay K Kaul and K M Joseph: "The same Rafale is given to other countries. If the price of Rafale jets is revealed, they will ask how France sold it cheaper to India. That is why the price is […]
Revealing Rafale’s (cheap) price will violate deal: Govt in SC
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up