Children in Street Kids School, Kabul, March 2019 Credit: Maya Evans A bout three decades ago, I taught writing at one of Chicago’s alternative high schools. It’s easy to recall some of their stories—fast-paced, dramatic, sometimes tender. I would beg my students to three-hole-punch each essay or poem and leave it in a binder on our classroom shelf, anxious not to lose the documentation of their talents and ideas. Some of the youngsters I taught told me they were members of gangs. Looking down from the window of my second-floor classroom, I sometimes wondered if I was watching them […]
Can We Divest from Weapons Dealers?
More from Breaking NewsMore posts in Breaking News »
- After Google, Amazon irks Kannadigas: Bikini with Karnataka flag draws ire
- It should’ve been a three-match showdown, India at slight disadvantage: Yuvraj Singh on WTC final
- Data recovered as ship with chemicals sinking off Sri Lanka
- Binky Felstead gives birth to baby boy with fiancé Max Darnton
- Loophole allowed 600 cruise ship workers to fly into UK without quarantining on arrival