Women march as they shout slogans during the International Women’s Day in Barcelona, Spain, Friday, March 8, 2019. Spanish women are marking International Women’s Day with a full day strike and dozens of protests across the country against wage gap and gender violence. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti) MADRID (AP) — Marches and protests were held Friday across the globe to mark International Women’s Day under the slogan #BalanceforBetter, with calls for a more gender-balanced world. The day, sponsored by the United Nations since 1975, celebrates women’s achievements and aims to further their rights. Thousands of women walked off the job […]
International Women’s Day: Strikes, protests and holidays
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up