NEW DELHI: The absence of student leader Kanhaiya Kumar’s name in Communist Party of India’s first list of electoral candidates triggered rumours on Friday that talks between Lalu Prasad’s RJD and CPI may be in troubled waters. CPI, however, maintained that talks are still in progress, and said it will contest 53 Lok Sabha constituencies spread across 24 states before releasing its first list of 15 candidates. “Our talks with the RJD is ongoing and we will take a call on Kanhaiya Kumar once that is finalised. Both the state and local units have identified a seat for him […]
CPI announces 15 candidates, Raja appointed convenor of manifesto committee
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up