If Rahul Gandhi (‘94) becomes the country’s leader, US-India relations may strengthen Rollins alumnus Rahul Gandhi (‘94), from Delhi, India, is running to be India’s next prime minister, putting pressure on the incumbent who has been seen as “unbeatable.” Current Prime Minister Narendra Modi is seeking re-election after a landslide victory in 2014. He was seen as “unbeatable” heading into this election, but his Hindu Nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) recently lost key state-level elections, giving Gandhi a stronger shot at the position, according to CNN. Gandhi’s family has deep roots in Indian politics. His father, Rajiv Gandhi, was […]
Rollins alum could be India’s next prime minister
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up