Regional Kashmiri leaders are criticising the Indian government’s crackdown against separatist groups in the disputed region. One of them is Jamaat-e-Islami, whose members are accused of supporting armed resistance against India. Hundreds have been arrested and the leaders say their work for the region’s most vulnerable children will now be affected. Al Jazeera’s Sohail Rahman reports from New Delhi.
India accused of targeting Muslims in Kashmir crackdown
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up