The Canada Revenue Agency headquarters in Ottawa is shown on Friday, November 4, 2011. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Sean Kilpatrick) Dozens of scammers, who were swindling Canadians out of their hard-earned money, were busted in a large takedown of illegal call centres in India. Between September and January, an estimated 40 illegal call centres were targeted by RCMP, the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC) and law enforcement in India. RCMP say organized crime groups operating throughout India were targeting Canadians through a Canadian Revenue Agency tax scam and other “mass marketing related scams.” More than 60 people were arrested in the busts. […]
Dozens of CRA tax scammers busted in India takedown
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up