The company is looking to launch the payment-based application by the end of May-June. Tencent-owned messaging application, WeChat is all set to introduce the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) bases payments application in India. The company has reportedly partnered with three banks for its upcoming application. As per a report by Entrackr , senior officials of Tencent met National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) executives three weeks ago for obtaining a license for the payment application. The company has already partnered with three banks including Axis Bank, HDFC and ICICI Bank. The report further highlights that the Chinese company wants […]
WeChat to launch UPI payments app in India soon, will it be able to compete with Paytm, Google Pay, WhatsApp and more?
More from Breaking NewsMore posts in Breaking News »
- After Google, Amazon irks Kannadigas: Bikini with Karnataka flag draws ire
- It should’ve been a three-match showdown, India at slight disadvantage: Yuvraj Singh on WTC final
- Data recovered as ship with chemicals sinking off Sri Lanka
- Binky Felstead gives birth to baby boy with fiancé Max Darnton
- Loophole allowed 600 cruise ship workers to fly into UK without quarantining on arrival