A pause or a cut in US interest rates is expected to boost Indian stocks. It may be some time before the outlook for jobs and inflation calls clearly for a change in policy, said Chairman Jerome Powell in a press conference. The US Federal Reserve was at its dovish best on Wednesday when it kept interest rates steady and signalled that hikes were off the table for the rest of the year as well. The long pause for the full year on the monetary policy front is in stark contrast to central bank’s earlier projection of two hikes […]
Fed goes full-on dovish. What does it mean for Indian stocks?
More from Breaking NewsMore posts in Breaking News »
- After Google, Amazon irks Kannadigas: Bikini with Karnataka flag draws ire
- It should’ve been a three-match showdown, India at slight disadvantage: Yuvraj Singh on WTC final
- Data recovered as ship with chemicals sinking off Sri Lanka
- Binky Felstead gives birth to baby boy with fiancé Max Darnton
- Loophole allowed 600 cruise ship workers to fly into UK without quarantining on arrival