Rafale fighter jet. (File photo) NEW DELHI: India has dropped to the second position behind Saudi Arabia among the world’s largest arms importers after remaining at the top for almost a decade, as per the latest data on international arms transfers released by a global think-tank, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), on Monday. But this may not accurately reflect the actual situation because SIPRI itself says its statistical data on arms transfers “relates to actual deliveries of major conventional weapons”. So, several mega defence deals inked by India, for which the deliveries are yet to begin, have apparently […]
India continues to flounder in defence production, remains among top three in global arms importers
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up