Thulasi Nambiar is photographed in the club house of her apartment complex in San Bruno, Calif., on Monday, March 4, 2019. Thulasi is a recipients of a loan from a startup aimed at H-1B recipients and other immigrants. (Randy Vazquez/Bay Area News Group) Rohit Mittal knew he’d need financial help to pursue a master’s degree at Columbia University. But as an Indian national, he couldn’t apply for a U.S. student loan. Instead, his father took out a loan in Delhi and put up their home up as collateral. Inspired by that experience, Mittal and Priyank Singh, who also came […]
Startup offers loans to H-1B visa holders, DACA recipients
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up