From left: Janaki Ammal (1897-1984), a botanist who developed a sweeter type of sugar cane; Amrita Sher-Gil (1913-1941), a Hungarian-Indian artist who loved painting traditional Indian customs; and Kalpana Chawla, the first woman of Indian origin to go into space. Image: Courtesy of Anupama Alias/Kalyani Ganapathy/Dhruvi Acharya Three Indian women who were close friends often discussed how inspired they were by their own mothers. They wondered if their daughters had female role models, too. So they decided to ask them. They posed the question to their girls, two 18-year-olds and two under age 12. The girls came up with […]
3 Indian Moms Went Looking For Role Models For Their Daughters
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up