Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (PTI) New Delhi: The government on Thursday approved grant of Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) to WWII veterans, Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) and premature retirees. “Consequently, over 43,000 individuals not covered so far under the Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme will be able to avail benefits of cashless medical treatment under ECHS facilities through a network of over 425 ECHS polyclinics, over 2,500 empanelled private hospitals and all government hospitals throughout the country, subject to certain conditions,” an official said. The cabinet also approved that war widows, as a special dispensation, […]
Health scheme extended to WWII veterans
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up