San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi, photographed in his office in San Francisco on Aug. 22, 2018. (Mason Trinca/for The Washington Post) SAN FRANCISCO — As a scandal rocked the city’s crime lab in 2010, District Attorney Kamala D. Harris was increasingly at odds with the city’s elected public defender, Jeff Adachi. He accused her of being “unethical,” and she said he was “playing politics with public safety,” according to media reports at the time. The fight was, on one level, an example of a prosecutor and defense attorney playing their respective roles. But it was all the more […]
Kamala Harris ‘grew up’ with Jeff Adachi. Then tragedy struck.
More from FeaturedMore posts in Featured »
- CollegeDekho Raises $8 Million to Match Students With the Right Colleges
- Swept up in Muslim genocide crisis, Hindu Rohingyas are stuck in Bangladesh
- Who all are blackmailing the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi?
- Study: Reducing Carbon Emissions While Improving Health Is Economically Attractive
- Ships’ Recycling Activity Slow, In a Time When it Should be Speeding Up